Welcome to the Desert Messenger, Quartzsite's FREE Community Paper
The Desert Messenger is locally owned published by Pilot Rock Publishing Co. right here in Quartzsite, Arizona, The Rock Capital of the World!
Now in our 10th year, Desert Messenger publishes the first and third Wednesday of each month.
September through May with Special Summer editions in June, July & August.
Founded by Walt Akin in 2004, Shanana "Rain" Golden-Bear, Publisher/Editor, now continues his vision of creating a voice for the people.
Desert Messenger is your source for local news, events and entertainment.
Find out what's going on in Quartzsite,Arizona!
As the population swells in winter, events and happenings abound!
Be sure to pick up your FREE copy of the Desert Messenger at over 60 locations when you first arrive in town. Locals look forward to the next issue to keep in touch with all the events.
Regular features include:
- Desert Daze Comic Strip by the famous local bookstore owner, Paul Winer.
- Joanne Winer writes articles about local people and events.
- Rosalee O. Wheeler's excerpts from her book, "In the Shadow of Saguaros", shares wonderful history stories of southwest Arizona.
- Jenn Jedidiah Free of RocksInMyHead.com writes "Adventures with Rocks" column.
- Longtime Astrologist, Barbara Lee, shares her unique Astrology column, called "Astrological Perceptions".
- Then there is the fun puzzle page!
- The Quartzsite Show Schedule is included in each issue during the season.
- Great deals can be found in the Classified Section.
Pick up the Desert Messenger FREE at over 60 locations in La Paz County -
including Quartzsite, Brenda, Ehrenberg and Bouse.
Shanana "Rain" Golden-Bear,
Publisher for advertising rates and deadlines.
PO Box 3185
Quartzsite, AZ 85359
Online Edition: www.MyQuartzsite.com
LIKE US on Facebook:
FOLLOW US on Twitter: